Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
As a Province or Region
The Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy owes a great deal of its success to the active participation of regions, provinces and other such public authorities who put their resources and know-how at the service of signatories. Recognised as Covenant Coordinators by the Commission, they act as key allies in conveying the message and increasing the impact of the Covenant.
Who is eligible?
Provinces, regions, ministries, national energy agencies, metropolitan areas, groupings of local authorities… Any public authority that officially commits to providing strategic guidance, financial and technical support to Covenant signatories will be officially recognized as Covenant Coordinator.
Should you require further clarifications, please contact the Covenant Coordinators Helpdesk here.
What are the commitments?
- Promote accession to the Covenant of Mayors
- Provide technical and strategic assistance to signatory municipalities for the development, implementation and monitoring of their Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans
- Provide financial support to signatories, either in the form of direct support (grants, subsidies, etc.) and/or via human resources allocated to technical support
- Support experience and knowledge sharing between (existing and potential) Covenant signatories.
- Work in partnership with other Covenant National/Territorial Coordinators and Supporters to foster joint action and promote a coordinated approach
- Participate in Covenant of Mayors activities
- Report regularly, and not less than every two years, to the Covenant of Mayors Office on the activities carried out to support signatories
In case of inaction or insufficient commitment, the Covenant of Mayors Office reserves the right to suspend the participation of a region or province as Covenant Coordinator.
How to apply?
Public administrations interested in obtaining the status of Covenant Coordinator should go through the following steps:
- Fill-in the adhesion form;
- After confirmation of eligibility, complete and sign the commitment statement sent by the Covenant of Mayors Office
- Upon reception of the signed commitment statement, the Covenant of Mayors Office will create an online profile for your administration. It will allow you to actively participate in the Covenant of Mayors community and help you better support your associated signatories.
The advantages of becoming Covenant Coordinator are manifold:
- Endorsement and recognition from the European Commission;
- Large visibility on an international scale, notably through promotion of their actions on the Covenant website;
- Networking, experience and knowledge-sharing with European counterpartsExperience-sharing with European counterparts;
- Scientific and technical feedback on tools and methodologies developed;
- Participation in dedicated discussion groups, workshops and other experience-sharing platforms;
- Last but not least, consolidation of territorial development and strengthening of local governance
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant of Mayors going global
The Covenant Step by Step
Adaptation to climate change
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmark of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency