Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
Covenant Coordinators are public authorities that are in a position to provide strategic guidance, technical and financial support to Covenant of Mayors signatories and municipalities signing up to it.
Alongside financial assistance, Covenant Coordinators typically support signatories in conducting a CO2 emission inventory and/or a climate risk assessment, as well as in preparing and implementing their Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans.
- Covenant Territorial Coordinators are decentralised authorities, such as regions, provinces or grouping of local authorities,
- Covenant National Coordinators are national public bodies such as ministries or national energy agencies.
The European Commission recognises them as important allies to support Covenant of Mayors signatories to meet their commitments and increase the impact of the Covenant.
Province of Barcelona
Support provided to signatories
- Dissemination of Covenant promotion materials (brochure, thematic leaflets, etc.)
- Leverage of own communication tools (e.g. newsletter, website, mailing lists, etc.)
- Organisation of events
- Direct financial support: Budget allocated to the Covenant of Mayors in €?
> from 2008 5-6M€
- Direct financial support: Source (choose between: EU funding, national funding, own budget, private funding, other: please specify)
> EU and own funding
- Indirect support through staff assigned
- Political and/or technical working group(s) set up
- Development or adaptation of technical guidelines
- Creation of experience-sharing opportunities between signatories (e.g. Extranet, discussion forum, blogs, etc.)
- Inclusion of the Covenant in the agenda of its working groups, committees or other relevant fora
- Cooperation with the media
- Organisation of meetings with key stakeholders (e.g. national government representatives, private or banking sector)
- Support to signatories for the organisation of their Local Energy Days
- Organisation of Territorial Energy Days
|Evolution of GHG emissions in the Province of Barcelona||151 Ko||en|
|Guidance to draft energy assessment visits||58 Ko||en|
|Monitoring SEAP summary report||653 Ko||en|
The sole responsibility for the content of this website lies with the authors. It does not reflect the opinion of the European Union. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant of Mayors going global
The Covenant Step by Step
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmark of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency