Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
Covenant Supporters are defined as not-for-profit organisations (associations of local and regional authorities, networks, thematic agencies …) with the capacity to promote the Covenant of Mayors and to mobilise and support their members and/or local authorities to reach the Covenant of Mayors’ objectives.
They take action on their territories and areas of expertise (e.g. energy, environment, water, air), and at different levels of governance (e.g. European, national, and regional/local) to promote the Covenant of Mayors initiative and support the commitments of their signatories. With expert knowledge of the regulatory, legislative and financial framework under which they operate - be it at the local/regional, national or European level – Covenant Supporters are ideally placed to provide tailored advice to signatories and identify synergies with existing initiatives.
OER (Energy Cities Romania)
|President:||Miklos Sandor GANTZ|
|Main contact:||Camelia RATA|
|Phone:||+40 268 474 209|
OER - "Orase Energie Romania" (Energy Cities Romania) is a specialized organization in energy efficient technologies, sustainable energy strategies, renewable energy policies, aiming to promote and disseminate information on Energy and Mobility matters. The association gathers 34 members, important municipalities and metropolitan associations from all over the country, represented by Mayors. The total number of inhabitants represented by OER is roughly 3.5 millions.
- Implementation of EE, RES and Mobility European Projects
- Promoting the Covenant of Mayors at local, regional, national and European level
- Promoting national strategies and shining examples at European level
- Dialogue facilitator between Local and Central Authorities, in the field of Energy, Mobility and Environment
- Synergy provider for the exchange of knowledge and information between members and Covenant of Mayors Signatories, with relevant key actors, similar initiatives and projects in Romania / Europe
- Tailored technical support provider for Local Authorities in defining and implementing Sustainable Energy Action Plans
- Technical legal consultancy and recommendations offered to members and CoM Signatories
- Capacity building workshops and trainings organization for Local Authorities
- Publication and dissemination of energy & mobility related newsletters and articles
- Local Authorities position taking at national and European level
- National Coordinator of the Romanian Mayors Club, an association of CoM Sigantories, created through the NET-COM European Project
- National Coordinator of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans Network in Romania, created through the ENDURANCE European Project.
|OER - Commitment Statement,06 Dec 2016||21 Ko||en|
The sole responsibility for the content of this website lies with the authors. It does not reflect the opinion of the European Union. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant of Mayors going global
The Covenant Step by Step
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmark of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency