Sostituzione di caldaie a combustibili fossili con caldaie a biomasse
Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
As a Local Authority
Local authorities play a leading role in climate change mitigation. Participation in the Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy supports them in this endeavour, by providing them the recognition, resources and networking opportunities necessary to take their energy and climate commitments to the next level.
Who is eligible?
The Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy is open to all local authorities democratically constituted with/by elected representatives, whatever their size and whatever the stage of implementation of their energy and climate policies.
Neighbouring small and medium-sized local authorities can also, under certain conditions, decide to join as a group of signatories and submit a joint Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan, either committing individually (option 1) or collectively (option 2) to the 40% CO2 reduction target – more information in the Covenant website FAQ section.
How to join?
To join the ever-growing movement, local authorities should undertake the following process:
- Present the Covenant of Mayors initiative to the municipal council ;
- Once an official resolution has been adopted by the council, mandate the mayor - or equivalent representative of the council - to sign the Covenant adhesion form;
- After signature, complete your information online and upload your duly signed adhesion form;
- Take note of the next steps, outlined in a confirmation e-mail sent to the local authority council.
When to join?
Local authorities can sign the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy at any period in time, as there is no deadline. Covenant of Mayors Ceremonies take place annually with a large attendance of mayors benefiting from international visibility through a public signature.
Covenant of Mayors signatories find multiple reasons to join the movement, among which:
- Make a public statement of extra commitment to CO2 reduction and adaptation;
- Create or reinforce the dynamic on CO2 reduction and adaptation ot climate change on their territory;
- Benefit from the encouragement and example of other pioneers;
- Share the expertise developed in their own territory with others;
- Make their territory known as a pioneer;
- Benefit from EU endorsement and support;
- Qualify for funding available to Covenant signatories;
- Publicise their achievements on the Covenant website.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant Step by Step
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Sustainable Energy Action Plans
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmark of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency