public awareness in order to achieve an annual increase of 2% of photovoltaic systems (3 KW power) in the private buildings
Review Energy Annex and urban building regulations to promote energy efficiency and sustainability on the new buildings
encourage the redevelopment of 1% of the buildings before 1990,for each year , with the goal of achieving 30% of energy savings in 2020
Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is an easy way to find your answers about the Covenant of Mayors Covenant of Mayors The Covenant of Mayors is the mainstream European movement involving local and regional authorities in the fight against climate change. It is based on a voluntary commitment by signatories to meet and exceed the EU 20% CO2 reduction objective through increased energy efficiency and development of renewable energy sources. . A question? Please check the FAQ page.
- Why is it free to sign up for the Covenant of Mayors?
- What do the Covenant signatories get in return?
- What is a Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Is it possible to use existing tools for calculating the CO2 emissions?
- Which is the baseline year for calculating the CO2 emissions?
- What is the scope of the Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Which approach may be chosen when establishing the Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Which sectors should be considered in the Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Which CO2 emission factors should be used?
- Where can the Covenant signatories get additional LCA emission factors for biomass and renewable energies?
- Can the renewable electricity installations, owned or operated by the local authority outside its territory, be considered in the Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Can the Covenant signatories include emission data on agriculture/forestry/fisheries within the Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI)?
- Are CO2 emissions from biofuels/biomass included?
- When to carry out a Monitoring Emission Inventory (MEI)?
- How are the emission factors for electricity calculated?
- How are the emission factors for district heating calculated?
- Which sectors/fields of action are considered in the SEAP?
- Will an updated version of an already existing Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) be sufficient to fulfil the requirements of the Covenant of Mayors?
- When to submit the SEAP?
- How to submit the SEAP?
- How can a group of Covenant signatories submit a joint Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP)?
- How to request an extension of your SEAP submission deadline?
- What if the SEAP has not been submitted within the deadline?
- What happens once the SEAP is submitted? - SEAP assessment
- What is a SEAP template?
- Is the SEAP template available in Excel format?
- When filling in the SEAP template, should the Covenant signatories only report on data of their Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI) or can they share further inventories already compiled since the baseline year?
- When filling in the SEAP template, should the Covenant signatories also report on some of the actions already carried out causing considerable CO2 emission reductions?
- Under which sector/field of action shall the Covenant signatories report on the actions and measures in the SEAP template?
- What is a monitoring report?
- What should the monitoring report include and when should it be submitted?
- How to submit the monitoring report?
- Which financial facilities to use?
- What is available for local authorities under the Horizon 2020 programme?
- What is a Covenant Supporter?
- How to apply?
- What you can expect from the Covenant Supporters?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Covenant Supporter?
- What is a Covenant Coordinator?
- What you can expect from the Covenant Coordinators?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Covenant Coordinator?
- How to apply?
- Why should the LAREAs be involved in the Covenant of Mayors?
- What are the potential roles and tasks of the LAREAs?
- How to be involved in the Covenant of Mayors process?
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant Step by Step
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency