Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is an easy way to find your answers about the Covenant of Mayors. A question? Please check the FAQ page.
How to submit the SEAP/SECAP?
- For submitting your SEAP:
Covenant Signatories are invited to use the on-line submission system available via 'My Covenant' (the website extranet section). The procedure includes the following steps:
1. Log in to ‘My Covenant’ using your personal identifiers - You can retrieve your password at any time under the ‘sign-in’ section.
2. Fill in the ‘SEAP template’ in English - Click on 'My action plan' > 'SEAP template' in the blue menu at the top of the homepage and complete the following three sections: your 'Overall Strategy', your 'Baseline Emission Inventory' and your 'SEAP'. All the green cells are mandatory! A specific instructions document for filling in the template is available on the Covenant website library.
3. Upload your SEAP document - After filling in the SEAP template, click on ‘Upload SEAP document’ and upload your complete Sustainable Energy Action Plan - duly approved by the municipal council - (and any other relevant documents) in a PDF format.
4. Validate your online SEAP submission - Click on 'Go to submission' and follow the instructions.
In 2017, a preliminary checking system of the template will be made available, allowing the detection of errors or inconsistencies. For this, you should click on the ‘See notification checklist’ button. This will be run through a parallel online application, developed and managed by the JRC.
Once submitted, your SEAP will be analysed by the JRC and you shall receive a feedback report. More information on the SEAP assessment procedure can be found here.
- For submitting your SECAP:
The SECAP submission procedure is currently under development, as a part of upgrading the existing SEAP template to also include reporting for 2030 commitments and adaptation. During 2016, the SECAP template will only be available in EXCEL format in the library. New signatories can use the EXCEL version as a working tool as well as to get acquainted with the reporting framework that will be introduced online as of 2017.
In the meantime, new signatories will be able to upload any documents, e.g. adaptation strategy as part of the SEAP template submission procedure currently in place. New signatories can also use the current SEAP template to submit information for 2030 time horizon (instead of 2020) in what regards climate mitigation. However, they will have to complete the remaining parts for climate adaptation once the SECAP online template is available in 2017.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant of Mayors going global
The Covenant Step by Step
Covenant of Mayors Board
Adaptation to climate change
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmarks of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency