Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is an easy way to find your answers about the Covenant of Mayors. A question? Please check the FAQ page.
How to request an extension of your SEAP/SECAP submission deadline?
Signatories are committed to submitting a SEAP (1 year after the adhesion date*) / SECAP (2 years after the adhesion date*). If the SEAP/SECAP cannot be completed by that date, Covenant Signatories (or Covenant Coordinators on behalf of their associated Signatories) must request an extension. To do so, they are invited to fill in the online delay request form, available in 'My Covenant' (Covenant website extranet).
*The reference adhesion date is the date of decision by the municipal council
If you are an individual Signatory (i.e. not belonging to any official Covenant Territorial Coordinator):
A 9-month extension may be granted to individual Signatories where circumstances, outside the local authority’ control, delay the completion and submission of the SEAP/SECAP by the official submission date.
Deadline Extension Procedure:
- Go to ‘My Covenant’ and log in with your personal identifiers.
- Click ‘My Action Plan’ > ‘Submit a delay request’ and fill in the form (all fields marked with an asterisk * are compulsory). The request must include the main reasons of the delay.
- Press the ‘Submit delay request’ button. You (and other contact persons associated to the profile) will receive a confirmation by email within 1 day.
If you belong to an official Covenant Territorial Coordinator
When supported by an official Covenant Territorial Coordinator (CTC), you may request your CTC for 18 months extension.
Deadline extension procedure for the CTC:
- Go to ‘My Covenant’ and log in with their personal identifiers.
- Click ‘My Signatories’ > ‘Submit a delay request’ and fill in the form (all fields marked with an asterisk * are compulsory). The request must include: the main reasons for requesting a common extension and a brief description of the instrument(s)/service(s) developed by CTC to support Signatories.- Press the ‘Submit delay request’ button. The extension will then be automatically granted to the associated municipalities. You (and the municipalities within your territory) will receive a confirmation by email within 1 day.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant Step by Step
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmark of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency